Many women over the years have commented to me or asked about being powerful and how men respond to a powerful woman. My response is it all depends on how you define powerful. Some women’s ideas of what a powerful woman is would be off putting to men. The characteristics of bullying, competing directly, trying to force or manipulate people or situations or using demeaning remarks that criticize are all traits that turn men off. A woman in her feminine power, however, is a magnetic force that most honorable men can’ get enough of.
These power traits that are compelling include:
- A woman who knows how to make herself happy and expresses her joy.
- A woman who takes responsibility for her life and financial well-being. This doesn’t mean you have to be rich (though you could be) Rather you come from a place of stability. The minute a man senses you “need” him, he’ll be running.
- A woman who communicates her needs and desires directly.
- A woman who honors her emotions and takes responsibility for having them. She never resorts to blame, shame or guilt.
- A woman who makes choices that honor herself and her well-being.
Recently, a 60 year old extremely successful woman client of mine relayed to me that she has realized that over the years men have really appreciated her and been drawn to her work as a financial advisor because she is a woman who could match them intellectually and competently, and yet have a gracious quality to her client relationships and delivery of her work.
The Feminine Power Card that says, “A Woman In Joy is a Radiant Woman” really says it all. A woman in joy makes herself a priority. She takes care of herself to the point where she consciously creates joy in her life. When you create joy in your life, and you freely express it you are living authentically. Most likely you have all the power traits that are compelling. So I urge you to create more joy and live power-fully. Please share how you live power-fully.
Here’s to power-full you.